Wednesday, August 6, 2008

God Bless America

So I don't usually like to forward things, but I just loved what Paul Harvey had to say about prayer in this one. I know I get sick of hearing about all the places where Heavenly Father has been banned and I was so grateful to hear that at least one person in our media still has some morals!!! It's a long one...

Paul Harvey says:
>
> I don't believe in Santa Claus, but I'm not going to sue somebody for
> singing a Ho-Ho-Ho song in December. I don't agree with Darwin , but I
> didn't go out and hire a lawyer when my high school teacher taught his
> Theory of Evolution.
>
> Life, liberty or your pursuit of happiness will not be endangered because
> someone says a 30-second prayer before a football game. So what's the big
> deal? It's not like somebody is up there reading the entire Book of Acts.
> They're just talking to a God they believe in and asking him to grant safety
> to the players on the field and the fans going home from the game.
>
> But it's a Christian prayer, some will argue. Yes, and this is the United
> States of America , a country founded on Christian principles. According to
> our very own phone book, Christian churches outnumber all others better than
> 200-to-1. So wh at would you expect--somebody chanting Hare Krishna? If I
> went to a football game Jerusalem , I would expect to hear a Jewish prayer.
>
> If I went to a soccer game in Baghdad , I would expect to hear a Muslim
> prayer If I went to a ping pong match in China , I would expect to hear
> someone pray to Buddha.< SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black;
> FONT-FAMILY: 'Tahoma','sans-serif'">
>
> And I wouldn't be offended. It wouldn't bother me one bit.
>
> When in Rome .......
>
But what about the atheists? Is another argument.
>
> What about them? Nobody is asking them to be baptized. We're not going to
> pass the collection plate. Just humor us for 30 seconds. If that's asking
> too much, bring a Walkman or a pair of ear plugs. Go to the bathroom.
> Visit the concession stand. Call your lawyer!
>
> Unfortunately, one or two will make that call. One or two will tell
> thousands what they can and cannot do. I don't think a short prayer at a
> football game is going to shake the world's foundations.
>
> Christians are just sick and tired of turning the other cheek while our
> courts strip us of all our rights. Our parents and grandparents taught us
> to pray before eating, to pray before we go to sleep. Our Bible tells us
> to pray without ceasing. Now a handful of people and their lawyers are
> telling us to cease praying.
>
> God, help us. And if that last sentence offends you, well, just sue me.
>
> The silent majority has been silent too long. It's time we tell that one or
> two who scream loud enough to be heard that the vast majority doesn't care
> what they want. It is time that the majority
> Rules! It's time we tell them, You don't have to pray; you don't have to
> say the Pledge of Allegiance; you don't have to believe in God or attend
> services that honor Him. That is your right, and we will honor your right;
> but by golly, you are no longer going to take our rights away. We are
> fighting back, and we WILL WIN!
>
> God bless us one and all...especially those who denounce Him. God bless
> America, despite all her faults. She is still the greatest nation of all.
> God bless our service men who are fighting to protect our right to pray and
> worship God.
>
> Let's make 2008 the year the silent majority is heard and we put God back as
> the foundation of our families and institutions .. And our military forces
> come home from all the wars.
>
> Keep looking up.

1 comment:

FOUST said...

Yes, Yes I agree. That is amazing to hear these days. Thank you.