Thursday, July 1, 2010

Another Conversation with a Three Year-Old

As we are passing the Albuquerque Temple...

Caden: Oo! Oo! Mom, look it's the temple!
Me: Oh yeah! Should we sing the temple song? (I start singing...)
Caden: Mom, what do we do in the temple?
Me: Well, we pray and listen and learn.
Caden: But you have to be married to go to the temple.
Me: No, you don't have to be married, you can go in when you're twelve.
Caden: I'm not twelve yet...but I'll be big soon!
Me: Yep and then you can go in.
Caden: And then I'll get married in the temple! When I'm big like daddy! And when Skylar is big like you, then I will take her to the temple and marry her.
Me: (trying not to laugh) Well, I think when you're big you might find a girl that you would like to marry more than Skylar...
Caden: NO!!!! I'm going to marry Skylar 'cause I *LOVE* her!!!
Me: Okay, okay...I guess if you still want to when you're big you can do that...

I just saw no more point in arguing and trying to explain that we would like our family tree to have branches on it...pretty cute, though...(c: